Celtic Table Runner
Class Fee: $35.00
Instructor: Barb Thomas
Join us for a fun filled day making this handsome runner. Barbara Thomas will guide you through the construction of this pretty table runner or wall hanging. Make it in Spring colors, or choose your own favorites.This class features fusible applique, bias tape making and straight piecing. Cutting instructions will be given to you when you sign up for class.
Celtic Knot Spring
The table runner top will be finished in class. Please add your borders and pop of color micro border to your background, before class so you can move on to making the bias tapes and arranging the pattern from the template provided. We will make the "sandwich" (top, batting & backing) and stitch down the bias strips. This provides the quilting, then we square up and bind your table runner.
- Sewing machine in good working order.
- Grey or beige 100% cotton piecing thread 50 wt.
- 6.5″ x 24.5 ” ruler.
- Rotary cutter with new blade.
- Clover Bias Tape Maker: 9 MM( 3/8").
- Roxanne's Glue-Baste-It.
- 1/2 yd light fabric for background
- fat quarter for bias strips
- 5/8 yd for inner micro border and binding.
- 1 yd for outer border.
- 24 x 43″ piece of low loft batting
- 1 3/8 yd for backing
- Cut 3 strips 4 1/2" wide for outer border
- Cut one 12 1/2 x 30" piece of light fabric for background
- Cut three (3) 1" strips for micro-border.
- Cut three (3) 2" strips for binding
- Mark 1/2" down middle of micro strips.
- Place marked strip on edge of background fabric.
- Stitch ON 1/2 inch line. Press microstrip to edge of fabric.
- Repeat for other three sides.
- Fold one 4 1/2" border strip in half. for the top and bottom borders, lay across the middle of the background to get proper length.
- Trim even with the edges of the background piece.
- Stitch trimmed borders to top and bottom, using 1/4 inch seam.
- Press seams towards the borders.
- Repeat process with two remaining borders, again laying the border strips across the middle, long side to long side.
The bias strips will be cut and made in class. Barbara will supply templates for you to use- you will get copies for the templates you can make for future use.
We will make bias strips and glue them down for you to sew onto the sandwich (through all three layers.) Additional quilting may be done to your desire. Square up the runner, bind as desired.