Celtic Irish Knot
A touch of old world charm inspired by the illustraions of a sixth century monk.
Class Fee: $45.00
Instructor: Barb Thomas
Join us for a fun filled day making this handsome wall hanging. Barbara Thomas will guide you through it's construction. Make it in spring colors, or holiday colors; choose your own favorites. This class features fusible applique, bias tape making and straight piecing. Cutting instructions will be given to you when you sign up for class.
We will be making the bias tapes and arranging the pattern from the template provided. We will make the "sandwich" (top, batting & backing) and stitch down the bias strips. You will finish the quilting, then square up and bind.
- Sewing machine in good working order.
- Grey or beige100% cotton piecing thread 50 wt.
- 6.5″ x 24.5 ” ruler.
- Rotary cutter with new blade.
- Clover Bias Tape Maker: 9 MM( 3/8").
- Roxanne's Glue-Baste-It.
- 1/2 yd light fabric for background
- 3 fat quarters for bias strips
- 5/8 yd for inner border, insets, and binding.
- 1 yd for outer border.
- 38" x 43″ piece of low loft batting
- 1 1/2 yd for backing
The bias strips will be cut and made in class. The instructor will supply templates for you to use- you will get copies for the templates you can make for future use.
We will make bias strips and glue them down for you to sew onto the sandwich (through all three layers.) Additional quilting may be done to your desire. Square up the quilt, bind as desired.