We are looking forward to our Sixth Staycation. We have a very interesting project to share. What could be better than an entire weekend designing and building a major project? And we get to hang out with some really great folks and watch everybody produce some very uniquly differnet results.
Good fun, good friends, and lots of color!
we are doing it again in JUNE!
June 22, 23, and 24
For this years event, we are featuring New York Beauties and Flying Geese. During this three day event, we will teach you how to master these paper piecing techniques. Then, we will help you select fabrics and complete a project of your choosing from the quilting book "New York Beauties and Flying Geese", by Carl Hentsch. Roz has developed a painless way to "paper piece" for all of you who have been shying away from this precise technique because it looks too hard.
Our 2018 Staycation will take place at a venue that is very close to our store. You just need to bring your machine, we have everything else that you need. But please stop by, register, and pick up a book so that you can start selecting you project and fabric palette. There is a wide range of quilt complexity and sizes in Carl Hentsch's book, so there is a lot to think about.
GOODIES: LUNCH AND SNACKS ARE CATERED
- Friday - 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Saturday - 9:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Sunday - 10:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Fee: $250; a refundable deposit of $50 will hold your place until May 30th.
Workshop Supply List
You will need the following supplies:
- Your very own copy of the book, "New York Beauties and Flying Geese", by Carl Hentsch
- Sewing Machine (with scissors feature is recommended)
- 2 to 4 packages of vellum paper and sufficient fabric for one of the projects in the book.
- Template Plastic
- Fine point Sharpie pen
- Frixon pen
- Paper scissors
- Fabric scissors
- Rotary cutter with a new blade and a small cutting mat
- 6" x 24" ruler and a small straight edge ruler.
- Empty pin cushion